Way to go BuzzFeed for educating people on Eating Disorders! It’s always encouraging to see Eating Disorder Awareness discussed in the mainstream media.
The below list of “12 Things People Don’t Understand About Eating Disorders” recently appeared in BuzzFeed.
Educating people by removing sterotypes will allow more people to seek help when they realize an Eating Disorder has impacted their own life or the life of a life of a loved one.
You can read the entire article at this link.
1. They aren’t just about body image.
2. They aren’t adolescent disorders.
3. They aren’t women’s disorders.
4. They aren’t limited to one race.
5. They aren’t punch lines.
6. They’re life-consuming.
7. They include more than anorexia, bulimia, and binge-eating.
8. People with eating disorders aren’t easy to identify.
9. People with eating disorders can’t just “snap out of it.”
10. Chances are, people with eating disorders don’t see themselves the way you see do.
11. Eating Disorders are serious and life-threatening problems.
12. Recovery is possible.
Learn More about Eating Disorder Recovery Programs – Call 800-236-7524.
Canopy Cove’s Christian Based Eating Disorder Treatment Programs offer compassionate, comprehensive treatment for females, males, adolescents, and adults, who are struggling with Anorexia, Bulimia, Binge Eating Disorders and Co-Existing Diabetes, Depression, and Anxiety. Equine-Assisted Therapy is an weekly part of the Recovery process at Canopy Cove.